LOOKING FOR ANSWERS? BROWSE OUR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS TO PUT YOUR MIND AT EASE.
What languages are the tours offered in?
- We offer tours in English, German, French, Irish and Italian (subject to availability of guides; booking as early as possible is recommended).
Can children attend tours?
- Yes, they can and must be accompanied by a parent/ guardian if they are aged under 16.
- School groups must always be accompanied by at least one teacher.
Do children go free?
- Yes, if they are aged under 16. Must be accompanied by a parent/ guardian.
What age qualifies for a senior ticket?
Is there a minimum or maximum number?
- Min. 1; Max. 25 people per guide
- For any groups larger than 25 people, we will add an extra guide(s).
Are the tours wheelchair accessible?
- Generally, yes, but occasionally a variation of the route may be necessary to avoid steps. The guide is not in the position to push wheelchairs so if this is necessary the wheelchair user must have a companion with him/ her for this purpose.
What time do I need to show up for my tour?
- Please arrive at the meeting point of the tour 10 to 15 minutes before its starting time. This way we will be able to organise the groups and make sure the tour runs on time.
- If you are more than 5 minutes late or miss the group, we won't be able to join you with the tour. However, we can offer a tour at a different time or on a different day (subject to availability).
Tour itinerary, pace and distances?
- Distances we cover are approx. 2 - 3km (1.5 - 2 miles)
- Leisurely pace
- Tour itineraries and descriptions can be found under Tours.
Where do I meet my tour guide?
- The Dublin Highlights and Hidden Corners Tour and the Treasures of the Northside depart from outside the Dublin Bus Office at 59 Upper O'Connell Street (Coordinates: 53.2103° N, 6.1539° W).
- All other scheduled tours depart from St. Andrew's Street (outside a former church and close to the Molly Malone Statue. (Coordinates: 53.3438° N, 6. 2609° W).
- Many public buses serve our starting points. The tram (Luas) also has stops near to our departures. For the Dublin Highlights Tour and the Treasures of the Northside the RED Line Luas stop is Abbey Street or for the Cross City GREEN line it is O'Connelly Upper. For the other tours from St. Andrew's Street the stop is Dawson. Check out the LUAS map.
Car Parks We Recommend
- For the Dublin Highlights and Hidden Corners Tour and Treasures of the Northside departing from 59 Upper O'Connell Street, please use Clerys Car Park, Cathal Brugha Street (Coordinates: 53.3524° N, 6.2584° W) or the Jervis Street Car Park, Jervis Street (Coordinates: 53.3472°N, 6.2662° W).
- For all other tours departing from St. Andrew's Street, we recommend to use the Trinity Street Car Park off Trinity Street (Coordinates: 53.3438° N, 6.2626° W) or the Brown Thomas Car Park (near Grafton Street) (Coordinates: 53.3425° N, 6.2615° W)
- Rain or shine, the tour is on. Dublin has on average 11 rainy days and 70mm of rain per month. That's less than, say, Brussels (Belgium) and not significantly more than Frankfurt (Germany). If it does rain in Dublin, chances are it will not last for long. Our guides will know a suitable shelter for very heavy showers. Given our climate, as you might expect, no ticket can be cancelled or refunded by you at any time based on weather conditions. Find out more on Dublin weather.
TICKETS & BOOKING
Where can I buy tour tickets?
- On our website, from an official tourist office in Dublin or from the guide on the day.
How do I book online?
- If you want to book a tour online, head to our Tours page, and select the tour you would like to take part in.
How can I book a private tour?
- You can book a private tour starting from €175 per guide for up to 3 hours. Visit our Private Tours booking page.
How can I book a student tour?
- You can book a student tour starting from €170 per guide for up to 3 hours. Visit our Student Group booking page.
- You will receive a booking confirmation email with all necessary details.
Should I print my ticket?
- If convenient do so but we also accept a visual image of your ticket from a mobile device.
Can I just turn up?
- Yes, you can buy a ticket from the guide directly on the day. On unexpectedly busy days we may not always be able to accomodate everybody so booking in advance is advisable especially during the peak summer season.
- We also advise groups to book in advance to avoid disappointment.
What if I need to cancel?
Our Refund & Cancellation Policy
- For our scheduled tours we will offer a full refund if a cancellation is received outside 72 hours before the tour but no refund within 72 hours of the tour.
- For our private tours we will offer a full refund for cancellations received at least one week before the tour commences, and a 50% refund if the tour is cancelled within 7 days of the tour commencing. There is no refund on tours cancelled within 48 hours of the tour commencing. Customers are entitled to a full refund in the event that the company cancels a tour.
Terms & Conditions
- The ticket is valid only at time and date specified. While every care is taken by our guides and walking is only along public or approved spacess, all tours are undertaken at participants' own risk.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
Does my ticket include entry to any of the attractions?
- Some attractions are free including the courtyards of Dublin Castle, state museums, art galleries and City Hall (subject to no civic events being on). The campus of Trinity College is only open to groups who are also visiting the Book of Kells. Internal visits to the medieval cathedrals, the State Apartments and the Book of Kells have admission prices, and are not visited on scheduled tours but can be arranged for private tours.
Do you have discounted rates for groups?
- There are special prices for groups (of 10 or more) on scheduled tours. Please contact us for details by using the Contact Form.
Other Discounts: The ticket entitles you to several discounts:
OTHER COMMON QUESTIONS
Who is Pat Liddy?
- Pat Liddy is an Irish artist, historian, writer, illustrator, mapmaker and environmental lobbyist who has helped to make Dublin a global tourist attraction. Read more in the About section.
- Bus: Bus tickets can be bought on-board Dublin buses (blue and yellow). It is important to note that only coins can be given to the driver. Prepaid Leap cards can be purchased at Dublin Bus Offices on 59 O'Connell Street or at most newsagents. These cards are scanned when boarding the bus.
- Luas: There are three tramlines, called LUAS, that cover Dublin city centre. The Green line, the Red line (servicing Jameson Distillery, Heuston or Connolly train stations, and the 3 Arena), and the Cross City line. All tickets are to be purchased at ticket machines before boarding. Leap cards can also be used.
- Taxi: There are a number of taxi ranks in the city centre, including O'Connell Street and College Green. The 'MyTaxi' app is also an easy way to reserve a taxi.
- The guide is paid by us and doesn't expect a tip, but it is really appreciated that for a good tour you leave a small tip of a couple of Euros per person. You may chose to tip more for an excellent private tour.
- Please also check our "Tipping Guide for Dublin" that can be downloaded from Pat's Picks page.
- Free Wi-Fi in many places (pubs, cafés, public transport, etc.)
- Watch out for the GREEN post boxes or post your letters and postcards directly from the historic GPO (General Post Office) on O'Connell Street.
Opening Hours and Shopping
- Shops are usually open daily between 10.00 - 18.00 (may vary)
- Sundays between 12.00 - 18.00 (may vary)
- Late Night Shopping every Thursday until 21.00
- Pubs generally open until 11.30pm to 12.30am depending on the day (Friday and Saturday are the light nights).
- Dial 999 or 112 for Ambulance, Garda (Police) or Fire Brigade.
If you can't find the answer to your question above, please do not hesitate to call us on 00353 1 832 9406 or send us a message using our Contact Form.
We will respond within 48 hours and most emails are answered within 4 hours during normal business hours (GMT -1).
Our office hours are Monday to Friday from 9.30 to 16.00.
Pat Liddy & Team